Friday, August 15, 2014

New Discoveries in Plant Communication Have me Rethinking my Vegitarianism - Check out PBS Nature Video!

I am a 90% vegetarian since I was a teenager. I still occasionally eat fish and free range organic chicken (rare). I have created for myself a pyramid of consciousness based on research and personal contact with other creatures. I remember reading an article about screaming broccoli many years ago and thought it sounded like hokum because they have no central nervous system. But pain is relative based on the will to survive. Based on recent studies like these - caring, cooperation, competition, and pain can take many forms in different entities.

No matter what - meat eating is bad for the environment because of methane releases in the form of flatulence, land clearing for millions of cattle etc. and the herbivore feed in the form of corn that is not a sustainable crop for the soil.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/what-plants-talk-about/video-full-episode/8243/


http://youtu.be/lLmM1N754vU

No comments:

Post a Comment