Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hello to All,

Hopefully you all are checking out this blog after seeing the link somewhere or learning about it through my reaching out to the many folks I have had contact with from past entrepreneurial endeavors. My name is Christopher Meesto Erato and I am the author of  Sto-ology: A Metaphysical Exploration of the Human Condition.

Let me explain why I wrote this scholarly 21st century philosophy book over the last 5 years as of 2014. It has been an intense process of hundreds of hours of research (700+ excellent references, 90% of which are easy to access links designed specifically for the contemporary e-reader), many edits by three NYC academics, including myself, and finally an ongoing social network learn-as-you-go education to try to get people to actually read the book. I wrote it because I feel we (humanity) are at a tipping point and need to make some drastic changes in our lifestyles asap if we want to have a decent future. Apathy is luxury we can no longer afford. 

I try to balance out the serious tone of the book with the awe and sublime wonderment I feel about being alive in this situation at this particular spot in the cosmic flow of time and space. I originally tried to get a NYC non-fiction writers club together and had just one small meeting of some nice people/writers who showed up out of many that said they would, but did not. I gave it up because - well - between working as a substitute Teacher in the NYC public school system to pay the bills and trying to get this book project finished (many edits!) and now self publishing plus social networking - has/is eaten up most of my time. Did I mention I am in a great relationship for seven years now? Successful relationships also take time and energy. Therefore these are my excuses for not following up with more in face-to-face meetings with fellow non-fiction writers in NYC. 

I ran a craigslist ad many of you may responded to. Anyway, I received many reach-outs from writers all over the world who want to be part of something that will make a difference. I wish to be the catalyst for a bunch of folks who want to be part of the solutions rather than the problems facing humanity in the early 21st century. I am a firm believer in the power of numbers or a collective to change the world and make it a better place through dialog and action. Thus this blog - finally! Please post whatever you wish - as long as it falls under the non-fiction umbrella. No topic is off limits. The only thing I insist on is civility of tone. Disagreeing is inevitable and healthy in any feedback loop - but keeping it civil as in polite is my only rule. Otherwise, feel free to express yourself!

The issues that I am currently very concerned about are sustainability and our broken democracy. I write about these in detail in my book Sto-ology: A Metaphysical Exploration of the Human Condition, and provide many useful informative links to go deeper and learn more. You can peruse a few free chapters on Amazon.com. I sent many of you a free PDF preview of the first 2 chapters along with this blog invite. Please like the Sto-ology page on Facebook or tweet me at Meesto@Sto_ology. Let's get this revolution started!

No comments:

Post a Comment